Steampunk Challenge







Steampunk Challenge
October 2010 – October 2011




What?!!! Another challenge you say? Yeah, exactly. I’m not exactly passing with flying colors on my current challenges, but this isn’t school and I can do what I want so here it is.


Rikki from The Bookkeeper is hosting a Steampunk Challenge that will run from October 2010 – October 2011. She has had a wonderful response in the comments from fans of the steampunk genre so I’m getting some good ideas of what to read for this challenge.


What exactly is steampunk? Well, Rikki used the New Oxford American Dictionary on her blog and defined it as,


“a genre of science fiction that typically features steam-powered machinery rather than advanced technology.”


I keep seeing super cool steampunk cakes and even steampunk wheelchairs so you know what? I’m game!


This genre looks awesome so I can’t wait to start. My first book will be The Windup Girl by Paolo Bacigalupi which I’ll be reviewing in October. Please leave me a comment if you have any other recommendations for me. I’m going to start off with a goal of 5 steampunk books over the next year, but if I love the genre I might even read more!

If you are interested in signing up for the challenge, click HERE to go to Rikki’s blog and sign up! It’s going to be heaps fun!

Oh, and I can’t leave off without showing you this awesomeness which partially inspired Rikki and I to talk about doing a Steampunk Challenge!


Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Little Bookish |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.