Teaser Tuesdays - June 1


Taken from Miz B.'s, Should Be Reading blog:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B. of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just click the link for Teaser Tuesdays and you can find out how to participate!


Here is my teaser for the week:

"W.O had not only recovered from his dystentery, he had also become adept at theft. The rest of the #4 gun squad paid no attention when he slipped off, leaving them to dig emplacements, because he returned with goodies: four pounds of bacon on one trip, and a few days later, almost two gallons of dough."     ~p.107-108, The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose


What is your teaser for this week? You can post a link to your blog in the comments, or if you don't have a blog you can post your teaser in the comments. Happy Tuesday!

5 comments:

jlshall said...

Interesting teaser. I generally try to stay away from books about war or the military, but I read quite a few when I was younger. Guess I'm getting too old for all that excitement! Enjoy.

My teaser.

Alice Audrey said...

Two gallons of dough? What did he do, rob a bakery?

Cecelia said...

I guess they must be in a pretty bad situation if those offerings substitute for hours of hard work. This makes me curious - nice teaser!

If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

Sarah said...

Interesting. I usually don't read books on war, but I should think about expanding my reading pile.

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Faye said...

I'm in a WW II frame of mind lately but am stuck in Europe. Will need to check out your selection. Enjoy stories of non-soldier caught up in conflict.

My TT is for "The Invisible Bridge", a first novel by Julie Orringer, set in Budapest and Paris in the late 1930s leading up to WW II. My link: Summit Musings

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Little Bookish |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.