It's only Day 1 of Bloggiesta, and I have most definitely have NOT been participating in siesta. I've accomplished quite a lot today partially because I am woefully behind on reading a few books and need to get back to it (if you are curious, I am reading Middlemarch by George Eliot in an informal read-a-long at Literary Lollipop, and I'm also trying to finish up The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose--non-fiction always takes me longer to read).
Here are the things I've accomplished:
- Thought about the goals for my blog and have made a short-term and long-term list of goals. I have to admit that I am not super driven to chase down 1,000 followers, but my general goal would be to get people regularly reading and commenting on my blog (and not just memes--I like it when people read my reviews...hehe).
- I have added RSS subscription and e-mail subscription to my blog on the right hand side of my sidebar at the top as well as changed my Twitter icon to something a little bigger and hopefully more noticeable.
- Added Google Analytics to my blog
- I organized my bookshelf and can now find all the books I haven't actually read yet (It's a lot! Does anyone else have this problem?)
- I have asked someone to do a guest post on my blog and hopefully I'll hear back from her soon.
- I have come up with an idea for an International Book Blogger event that I am going to organize. If you are interested, please comment here and I will add you to my list.
- I only need two more followers to do my first giveaway (it will be books off my shelf and will be open to anyone in the world).
- I have found a few new book bloggers to follow (especially because I'm looking for bloggers outside the U.S. for the event). If you have a Twitter account, let me know. Recently, I've been finding it is much easier to read people's reviews if they post links on Twitter (and I like to comment on reviews!)
Still on my To Do List:
- Need to write a few backup posts for lazy days. I've come up with a few ideas, but if you have suggestions, please leave a comment!
- I still need to come up with a post that I can do on a regular basis...not a meme, but something that has the same theme from week to week.
Write the post about fixing my feed URL problem. Apparently other people using Blogger have encountered this problem and I can now tell the world how to fix it (thanks to someone else who posted it first of course)! Look into doing business cards. I am not sure I will get this done this weekend, but I would like to consider doing it. Look into doing a gravatar and a favicon
...AND, I can't leave out something for your listening pleasure! Here's a song I grew up hearing my family sing at just about every family party I went to: