Well, the 48 Hour Read-a-Thon is over. Wallace at Unputdownables.net put on a great show! I had lots of fun tweeting with my fellow read-a-thoners, cheering people on at their blogs, and having people stop by my blog to cheer me on.
Check out some of the bloggers that participated in the 48 Read-a-Thon and checked out my blog this weekend. Some of these people were new to me, and have now joined my must-see blog lists. They are great people!
- Vasilly at 1330V - Vasilly read a beautiful looking graphic novel called Flight, Volume 6
- Rikki at The Bookkeeper - Rikki read Gods Behaving Badly (click link to read her review)
- Kemendraugh at Just a Good Book - Kemendraugh read The Good Neighbors, Book 1 and started The Unseen Academicals
- Trish at Love, Laughter, and Insanity - Trish didn't read in the read-a-thon, but she was consistent with her cheering for the group on Twitter and on update posts! I love her! Help cheer her on through her reading of The Brothers Karamazov (click to read her post).
- Coffee and a Book Chick - She stopped by a few times to cheer me on! Also, her dad is Ernest Hemingway (well, not really, but he looks A LOT like him). Check out this LINK to decide for yourself.
- Leeswammes' Blog - One of my best cheerleaders this weekend. I love Miss Leeswammes! She runs Book Bloggers' Abroad every Thursday on her blog. It's helped me find quite a few new bloggers.
- Constance Reader - She tackled North and South this weekend. Oh John Thornton...you angry, but sexy man..."Look back at me!" (I really only know the movie, but yes...I swooned)
- Lily from Never Fading Wood - She dropped by to tell me to try French press coffee. I have put it on my list of things to try!
- Scrabblequeen - Dropped by to cheer me on and admit her tea snobbery. Scrabblequeen is a fantastic knitter and and Anne McCaffrey fan!
- Chachic at Chachic's Book Nook - I have Chachic to thank for pushing me to read Magic Bites this weekend. It was fantastic! She's a Filipino blogger that is my partner in hilarity on Twitter. She also runs the Filipino Book Bloggers Directory
- Bahnree from I am, therefore I write - She read a Geek's Guide to World Domination and The Historian (one of my favorites from the last few years).
- Fiona from The Book Coop - Oh Fi...one of my favorite bloggers out there. I love her Friday Coffee Chat comments. She has some serious funny going on! She read The Housekeeper and the Professor.
- Reese from Bibliophile Girl - She read the book I am most interested in from all the blogs I checked this weekend, The Know-it-All. It sounded hilarious!
- Joy from Edgy Inspirational Romance - Joy had to chose from 58 novels on her Shelfari list! Ack! Well, not so bad considering my TBR shelf has over 100 books on it.
- Wallace from Unputdownables.net - Our wonderful host for this event. She worked so hard and commented on so many blogs. She also spent lots of tweety time with all of us. How did she get any reading done? Well she did! Lots of it! Amazing.
My thanks goes out to all of you for cheering me on this weekend! It really did help. I know there were people on Twitter that cheered me on as well, so thanks to all of you as well! Please check out some of these blogs. It's a varied bunch so I'm sure is at least one blog here that is something you'd like and is new to you!
Here is my final tally for the weekend:
- One book read cover to cover - Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
- Half of Book 4 and half of Book 5 of Middlemarch read
- Started The Tricking of Freya by Christina Sunley
- One lost key to my neighbor's house that is possibly making its way through one of my dog's digestive tract (I still cannot find it so it's a possibility that Turbo ate it--yes, my dogs do crazy things like that!)
- Three crazy fun dogs that interrupted my reading frequently but got major love all the same.
- Two very awesome cups of iced coffee
- Many laughs with old and new friends
- 402 Total Pages Read!!!
Here are the crazies running through the yard!