Teaser Tuesdays - March 9


Taken from Miz B.'s, Should Be Reading blog:

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme hosted by Miz B. of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two "teaser" sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don't want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!


Here is my teaser for the week:
"'He was brought in unconscious, bleeding to death, so there was no time to use less stringent methods of anesthesia. It'll take awhile to revive from the chemicals.'"  ~p. 211 of The Rowan by Anne McCaffrey


The Rowan is the Book of the Month in the Anne McCaffrey and All Her Worlds group on Shelfari. I have to admit that I wasn't jazzed about reading it when I saw the cover, but I am really enjoying it. I can't wait to start on the next book in the series, and I'm not even finished with this book!


What is your teaser for this week? You can post a link to your blog in the comments, or if you don't have a blog you can post your teaser in the comments. Happy Tuesday!

10 comments:

Rheanna said...

Oh wow great teaser I would love to see the cover though now! I think I'll check it out online. Thx

Lorin said...

Its one of those books that makes me wish I had an e-reader, just for the anonymity of reading it in public! But McCaffrey is always fun, even if the covers are a little silly.

Here's my teaser at arch thinking.

Carin said...

I posted the cover after I saw your comment Rheanna! Science Fiction and Fantasy books always seem to have silly covers, but they have taught me to never judge a book by its cover! Hehe!

Sarah said...

Great teaser, I've not read anything by Anne McCaffrey for a long time. I'll have to check this out :o)

My teaser is here:
http://bookreviewsbysarah.blogspot.com/2010/03/teaser-tuesdays-lex-trent-versus-gods.html

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Sometimes it seems that authors/publishers should think about their covers more. Fantasy and romance covers tend to be the worst!

Anyway, coming by to tell you about a giveaway on the 100 mile fitness blog if you're interested!

Carin Siegfried said...

I agree, that cover's pretty atrocious! Mostly authors have no say-so, but unfortunately this type of cover is di rigeur for Fantasy these days, which will never help the genre expand their base.

Forgetfulone said...

I guess we shouldn't judge a book by its cover. I probably wouldn't pick it up in a bookstore, but it sure sounds good! I'm gonna go to barnes and noble's site and check it out more. Thanks.

Lori said...

Cool teaser. I hope he does't die, don't I? Enjoy your book. Here'smine.

Whitney said...

Interesting teaser. While the cover may not be the most appealing but it certainly captures the eye's attention.

Carin said...

I do have to say that I can actually imagine The Rowan looking like the woman on the cover. She does have white hair and is very thin. I guess it's just one of those things that I wish they would leave to the imagination. hehe!

Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Little Bookish |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.