Vegemite v. Marmite – It’s On!







If you follow me and some of the Aussie, Kiwi, and UK bloggers, you might have noticed that we have been debating those unique yeasty spreads, Vegemite and Marmite. Is there a difference? Oh yes there is according to my friends from Australia, the UK, and New Zealand. All three have their own version of this yeast spread and the love for them runs deep. For the rest of us in the world that prefer our yeast in bread or adult beverages, we have no idea on what we might potentially be missing out! So I decided to settle the score. As a person that has never tasted any of these spreads, I decided to do my own taste test and decide which was the tastiest!

Here are the bloggers that have declared their allegiance:



Maree (NZ) from Just Add Books
Gemzina (NZ) from Gemzina - Devourer of Books
Fiona (UK) from The Book Coop



Rachel (AUS) from And the Plot Thickens
Bella (AUS and CAN) from A Girl Reads a Book






*If I have missed you I’m sorry, but I’m posting a poll below so you can vote there and tell me what team you’re on.

I have also vlogged the experience of my first bites of Marmite and Vegemite. I have annotated it, but the popup bubbles probably won’t show up in the embedded video so if you are interested in seeing my commentary CLICK HERE.

I also completely cheated and did the vlog in English…but part of it is Australian slang English! No non-native English speakers have sent me a vlog yet, and I really want them to vlog! So, if you are a non-native English speaker and want to vlog but are afraid to, send me a video of some phrases to say in your language (YouTube has really easy annotation function too which will be super helpful to me if you do send one).

**CLICK HERE TO SEE THE VIDEO ON YOUTUBE AND SEE THE POPUP BUBBLES THAT INCLUDES MY COMMENTARY! I RECOMMEND THIS OVER WATCHING THE EMBEDDED VIDEO**




 
 
Also make sure you vote in the poll to declare your allegiance to Team Vegemite or Team Marmite!



 
 
 
…and just to show you how cool New Zealand and Australia are, here are a couple videos that I am addicted to on YouTube.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Little Bookish |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.