Ready for a Read-a-Thon?
Wallace at Unputdownables.net is hosting a 48 Hour Read-a-Thon this weekend (Friday evening through Sunday night). I definitely have time to read this weekend so I am signing up to whittle down my giant TBR stack!
Here are the rules:
- Choose a few books that you will attempt to finish this weekend (Friday evening through Sunday night).
- Post your TBR Read-a-Thon books on your blog so your readers can see what you are attempting for the weekend.
- Challenge your readers to read along with you! (It’s OK if they don’t, but might be fun if they want to choose at least one book to participate with).
- Join the discussion all weekend long at #bookblogchat on Twitter.
- Post updates on your blog about what you are reading and what you have finished (full reviews can come later, but this will let your readers know what you are reading so they can either read along or look forward to your reviews!)
- Visit other blogs that are doing the read-a-long. Post comments and follow your fellow bloggers.
- Make sure you sign up at Unputdownables with Mr. Linky with a link to your first post so we can follow your progress!
- *If you don’t have a blog but want to participate: Sign up with Mr. Linky, just don’t add a website (or you can link to your Twitter or GoodReads page).*
If You’re Not In, but Want to Support:
- Check out the blogs that are participating in the Mr. Linky list on Unputdownables.net
- Visit those blogs and leave comments and encouragement
- Add to your own TBRs as you see what others are reading!
My Read-a-Thon List
- Magic Bites by Ilona Andrews
- Fool Moon (Book 2: The Dresden Files) by Jim Butcher
- Tricking of Freya by Christina Sunley
I am also wanting to listen to and read-a-long to:
In reality, I will probably only get one book done, but my big goal is to have two done by the end of the weekend. I am a notoriously slow reader so encouraging comments will definitely be appreciated! I may actually start this challenge during the day on Friday because I may have roofers at my house so I will have to vacate the premises and go somewhere to read!