Soundtrack Saturday is a new meme hosted at Rating Reads. This is my second week to participate in it! Anyone can participate. Here are the instructions:
- Take your current read or recently finished book.
- Find at least one song that fits the story, characters, whatever.
- Post the book title and song(s) on your blog with a brief explanation of your picks. Don't forget to mention who started it.
- Linking/embedding a song or video in your post is not necessary to participate.
- Head over to Rating Reads and add your post to the Mr. Linky.
Book: Stone of Tears - Terry Goodkind
Song: Won't Back Down - Fuel
Why: I finished the book tonight and I have to say that since last week, there was a lot of butt kicking going on in the book. The protagonist, Richard, is really the man that won't back down in the book. He is on his quest and will let nothing keep him from completing it. The characters are so determined, and there is so much action in the book that all I can think of for music in relation to the book are more aggressive songs (there was another song that I really liked for this week, but I thought it might be too aggressive).
This particular song comes from the Daredevil Soundtrack. Although the singer from this song is no longer in the band, Fuel is still together.
Here's a link to their website if you enjoy their music: