The Gunslinger - Stephen King

While on vacation, I also read The Gunslinger by Stephen King. My husband has been bugging me for a few years to read The Dark Tower series so I finally broke down and started reading it. He warned me that a lot of people didn't like the first book so I shouldn't expect to really think it was something special. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Was I a little underwhelmed? Yes.

The story is about a gunslinger chasing a man in black. You don't really know why he is chasing the man in black for a lot of the book, and along the way, the gunslinger picks up a companion as well. The book is about their journey and the gunslinger's past. It also introduces The Dark Tower whose purpose is not really known in the first book. Honestly, I felt a little confused while reading it because the book is fairly vague. To me, it seems like King was using the book as a setup for the series rather than to tell a complete story within the series. For that, I was a little disappointed, but it also left me with enough questions that I will definitely read the rest of the series.
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Little Bookish |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.