Hyperion - The Soldier's Tale

I just finished reading The Soldier's Tale in Hyperion. Wow....I am not sure what to say about it. I am a little nervous at what my book club is going to think of this tale. It tells Colonel Kassad's story of why he is one of the chosen to embark on the pilgrimage to find the Shrike. The tale includes war, his love for a woman that is a mystery to him, and ends with a cliffhanger as to how the other pilgrims are affected by his story.

I will say that if you do choose this book for a book club, there are some graphic violent scenes and graphic sex scenes in this tale. However, in my opinion, the last two pages of the tale made all the back story worth the read.

Up next...The Poet's Tale. I will try to read that tomorrow or Monday. I am really impressed with the book so far--especially since I'm not a huge hard core science fiction reader (I have read much more fantasy).
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Little Bookish |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.