Prince Caspian (The Chronicles of Narnia) - C.S. Lewis

I started reading The Chronicles of Narnia two years ago by starting off with The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. I will not lie. It took me a year to finish it. I think I started reading this series 20 years later than I should have. I decided to give the Chronicles another go and read the second book, Prince Caspian this last week. While I liked the story better, I still found the story and the writing to be too childish for me.

Don't get me wrong. The book is full of high adventure as Peter, Edmund, Susan, and Lucy return to Narnia to help Prince Caspian take his rightful place on the throne of Narnia. I enjoyed parts of it as they made their way to find the Prince and help him in his fight against his evil uncle, King Miraz. There was just something missing in them for me. Clearly the series is written for children, and I can't change the fact that I am almost 32 years old. If I had children to read it to I might have enjoyed it infinitely more.

Because it's a classic, I'm determined to finish the series. I decided to read them in the order that they were published instead of chronological order. I hope that wasn't a mistake. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Related Posts with Thumbnails
 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 A Little Bookish |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.